Bohemian braids hairstyles have taken the hair world by storm, offering a perfect blend of effortless beauty and bohemian charm. These versatile and eye-catching hairstyles have gained immense popularity among individuals seeking a free-spirited and stylish look. In this blog, we will explore the enchanting world of bohemian braids, including different styles, maintenance tips, and hair options to create the perfect boho vibe.
How Much Do Bohemian Braids Cost?
The cost of getting bohemian braids can vary depending on several factors, including the location, salon or stylist, hair length and thickness, the complexity of the braiding style, and the type of hair used. Here are some factors to consider when determining the cost of bohemian braids:
- Salon or Stylist: The pricing for bohemian braids can differ from one salon or stylist to another. High-end salons or experienced stylists may charge higher rates compared to smaller, independent stylists or home-based braiders. It’s advisable to research and compare prices in your area.
- Hair Length and Thickness: The length and thickness of your natural hair can impact the cost of bohemian braids. If you have longer or thicker hair, it may require more time and effort to complete the braiding process, which can result in higher costs.
- Braiding Style Complexity: Different bohemian braiding styles have varying levels of complexity. Intricate patterns or designs may require more skill and time to create, leading to higher prices. Simple and straightforward braiding styles may be more affordable.
- Type of Hair Used: The type of hair used for bohemian braids can affect the overall cost. Synthetic hair (Amazon) is generally less expensive compared to human hair. However, if you prefer a more natural and realistic look, human hair extensions (Amazon) may come at a higher cost.
- Additional Services: Additional services such as scalp treatments, hair preparation, or hair extensions installation may incur extra charges. These services can contribute to the overall cost of getting bohemian braids.
It’s important to consult with a professional stylist or salon to get an accurate price estimate for your desired bohemian braids. Prices can range from $100 to $300 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
You might also like: Jumbo Knotless Braids
Remember, investing in the expertise of a skilled stylist and quality materials can contribute to the longevity and overall satisfaction with your bohemian braids.
Products for Bohemian Braids
Shampoo and Conditioner: It is essential to keep your hair and scalp clean and moisturized before getting bohemian braids. Use a gentle shampoo that removes dirt and buildup without stripping the hair of its natural oils. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to keep the hair hydrated and prevent dryness.
- Leave-In Conditioner: Applying a leave-in conditioner before and after braiding helps to moisturize and protect the hair. It provides added hydration and reduces frizz, making the braids appear smoother and more defined. Look for a lightweight, non-greasy formula that won’t weigh down the hair. Shop leave-in conditioner: (Amazon)
- Edge Control or Gel: To achieve a polished look and keep the edges sleek, edge control or gel can be used. Apply a small amount along the hairline and gently smooth down the edges with a brush or your fingertips. This helps to maintain a neat and tidy appearance and prevents flyaways.
- Hair Oil or Serum: A hair oil or serum can be used to add shine, reduce frizz, and nourish the braids. Apply a small amount of oil or serum to your palms and lightly smooth it over the braids. This helps to enhance the luster of the hair and keep it looking healthy and vibrant.
- Styling Accessories: Various styling accessories (Amazon) can be used to enhance the bohemian vibe of the braids. This includes decorative beads, cowrie shells, hair cuffs, ribbons, or colorful strings. These accessories can be woven into the braids to add a touch of personal style and flair.
With the right hair and products, you can achieve stunning bohemian braids that showcase your individuality and embrace the boho spirit.
Choosing the Best Hair for Bohemian Braids
Selecting the right hair for your bohemian braids (Amazon) is crucial to achieving the desired style and durability. Consider the following factors when choosing hair for your bohemian braids:
Types of hair suitable for bohemian braids: Human hair and synthetic hair are popular options for braiding. Human hair offers a natural and versatile look, while synthetic hair provides a wide range of colors and textures.
- Comparing human hair and synthetic hair: Human hair is more realistic and can be heat-styled, while synthetic hair is affordable and low-maintenance.
- Factors to consider: Consider the desired length, texture, color, and budget when selecting hair for your bohemian braids.
- Recommended hair options: Some recommended hair options for bohemian braids include kanekalon hair, Marley hair, and human hair extensions.
Research and consult with a professional stylist to find the best hair type and brand for your specific bohemian braids style.
Best Human Hair for Bohemian Braids with Human Hair Curls
When it comes to creating bohemian braids with human hair curls, selecting the right type of human hair is crucial for achieving the desired look. Here are some of the best human hair options to consider for bohemian braids with human hair curls:
Virgin Remy Human Hair:
Virgin Remy human hair (Amazon) is considered the top choice for bohemian braids with human hair curls. It refers to hair that has not undergone any chemical processing and comes from a single donor. This type of hair retains its natural texture, strength, and luster, providing a more authentic and natural look to your bohemian braids.
Brazilian Human Hair:
Brazilian human hair (Amazon) is known for its versatility and luxurious quality. It blends well with various hair types and textures, making it an excellent option for bohemian braids with human hair curls. Brazilian hair is thick, soft, and has a natural shine, providing a voluminous and glamorous appearance to your braided style.
Peruvian Human Hair:
Peruvian human hair is another popular choice for bohemian braids with human hair curls. It has a coarser texture and offers excellent thickness and density. Peruvian hair holds curls well and provides a natural bounce and movement to the braids, giving a more bohemian and carefree look.
Indian Human Hair:
Indian human hair is widely sought after for its quality and versatility. It is naturally thick, durable, and has a slight wave pattern, which complements bohemian braids with human hair curls beautifully. Indian hair blends seamlessly with various hair textures and can be styled and curled effortlessly.
Malaysian Human Hair:
Malaysian human hair is known for its softness, smoothness, and natural shine. It has a fine texture and is less prone to tangling or frizzing. Malaysian hair is a great choice for achieving defined and sleek human hair curls in your bohemian braids. It adds elegance and sophistication to your overall look.
Explore the beauty of Freetress Water Wave Hair.
When selecting human hair for bohemian braids with human hair curls, consider factors such as hair quality, texture, and origin. It’s essential to choose high-quality human hair from reputable suppliers to ensure durability and a natural appearance. Additionally, consult with a professional stylist or braider who can guide you in choosing the best human hair that aligns with your desired bohemian braided style.
Styling Tips and Inspiration for Bohemian Braids
To enhance the beauty and uniqueness of your bohemian braids, here are some additional styling tips and inspiration:
- Styling tips: Use edge control products or gel to smooth out your edges, experiment with different parts or braiding patterns, and accessorize with headbands, scarves, or hair jewelry.
- Creative ideas for accessorizing: Incorporate feathers, flowers, shells, or beads into your braids to infuse a bohemian touch and add a personal flair.
- Bohemian braid hairstyles for different lengths: Whether you have short, medium, or long hair, there are bohemian braid styles to suit every length, allowing you to express your boho spirit.
- Colors and highlights: Explore the world of color by adding highlights, ombré tones, or vibrant hues to your bohemian braids, creating a captivating and individualistic look.
Let your creativity flow and experiment with various styling techniques to make your bohemian braids truly unique.
Boho Braids Hairstyles
Boho braids are a cornerstone of the bohemian style, exuding a carefree and whimsical allure. These braids can be customized to suit any occasion, from casual outings to special events. Here are some popular boho braid styles to try:
- Side-swept boho braids: Create a romantic and feminine look by sweeping your braids to one side, framing your face with soft, textured braids.
- Half-up boho braids: Achieve a bohemian-chic appearance by incorporating braids into a half-up hairstyle, allowing you to showcase your braiding skills while keeping your hair flowing.
- Boho braided updo: Elevate your boho look with an intricate braided updo, incorporating twists, braids, and flowers for a truly mesmerizing hairstyle.
- Loose boho braids: Embrace the effortless bohemian vibe with loose, tousled braids that exude a natural and carefree charm.
To achieve the perfect boho braids look, make sure to gently pull and loosen the braids for a more relaxed and lived-in appearance. Consider accessorizing with feathers, flowers, or beads to enhance the bohemian flair. Boho braids pair well with flowy dresses, maxi skirts, and bohemian-inspired outfits.
Bohemian Box Braids
Bohemian box braids offer a fusion of elegance and boho style, combining the classic box braid technique with a relaxed and natural appearance. Here’s what you need to know about bohemian box braids:
- Long bohemian box braids: Opt for waist-length box braids for a dramatic and captivating look, perfect for making a statement.
- Short bohemian box braids: Embrace a more playful and practical style with shorter box braids, allowing for easy maintenance and versatility.
- Colored bohemian box braids: Infuse your box braids with pops of color to add a unique and vibrant touch to your hairstyle, expressing your individuality.
- Bohemian box braids with accessories: Elevate your box braids by incorporating accessories such as cuffs, beads, or shells, enhancing the bohemian vibe.
Proper care and maintenance are essential for preserving the longevity of your bohemian box braids. Regularly moisturize your scalp, cleanse the braids with a mild shampoo, and protect your hair while sleeping with a satin or silk scarf.
Bohemian Knotless Braids
Bohemian knotless braids have gained popularity for their seamless and natural appearance. These braids offer a comfortable and lightweight alternative to traditional braiding techniques. Here’s what you should know about bohemian knotless braids:
- Bohemian knotless box braids: Achieve a flawless and undetectable look with knotless box braids, where the braids start without the traditional knot at the root.
- Bohemian knotless goddess braids: Embrace the regal and goddess-like appeal with knotless goddess braids, creating an intricate and striking hairstyle.
- Large bohemian knotless braids: Make a bold statement with larger knotless braids, exuding confidence and individuality.
Caring for bohemian knotless braids involves moisturizing the scalp, avoiding excessive tension, and refreshing the braids regularly. This helps maintain their natural appearance and prevents damage to your hair.
Bohemian Crochet Hair
Bohemian crochet hair offers a convenient and stylish option for achieving bohemian braided hairstyles. Here’s what you need to know about this method:
- Installation process and materials: Crochet hair involves looping hair extensions through your natural hair using a crochet hook. It requires crochet braids, a latch hook tool, and hair extensions of your choice.
- Bohemian crochet hair styles: From voluminous curls to textured waves, bohemian crochet hair provides a range of styles to achieve the desired boho look.
- Maintenance tips: Proper care includes gentle cleansing, moisturizing, and protecting your crochet hair while sleeping to preserve its longevity.
Bohemian crochet hair offers the flexibility to experiment with different lengths, colors, and textures, allowing you to embrace your natural beauty while exuding bohemian charm.
Bohemian Braids Maintenance Tips
These braids are not only stylish but also require proper maintenance to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Whether you have opted for boho box braids, knotless braids, or crochet braids, here are some essential maintenance tips to prolong the lifespan and appearance of your bohemian braids.
Keep Your Scalp Clean
Maintaining a clean scalp is crucial for healthy braids. Use a clarifying shampoo or a gentle scalp cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or product buildup. Gently massage your scalp to ensure thorough cleansing, and rinse with lukewarm water. Avoid excessive scrubbing or rough handling of the braids to prevent frizz or loosening.
Hydrate and Moisturize
Moisture is key to preventing dryness and breakage. Apply a lightweight leave-in conditioner or moisturizing spray to your braids daily or as needed. Focus on the mid-lengths and ends to keep them hydrated. You can also use a natural oil, such as argan oil or jojoba oil, to seal in moisture and add shine to your braids.
Protect Your Braids at Night
When you sleep, friction between your braids and the pillowcase can cause frizz and unraveled braids. Protect your bohemian braids by wearing a satin or silk bonnet (Amazon), or using a satin or silk pillowcase. These materials help reduce friction and minimize moisture loss, keeping your braids intact and preserving their appearance.
Avoid Excessive Manipulation
Bohemian braids are meant to be low-maintenance, but excessive pulling, tugging, or styling can lead to damage. Minimize excessive manipulation, such as constant pulling into ponytails or tightly securing your braids. Opt for loose hairstyles that put less strain on the braids. Be gentle when styling or detangling your braids to prevent breakage.
Wash Your Braids
While it’s important to keep your scalp clean, washing your braids directly can cause frizz or unraveling. Instead, focus on cleansing your scalp and use a diluted shampoo mixture or dry shampoo to refresh your braids. Apply the shampoo mixture to your scalp and gently massage it in. Rinse with lukewarm water, being careful not to disturb the braids too much.
Protect Your Braids from Water
Excessive exposure to water can cause your braids to become frizzy or unravel. When swimming or showering, protect your braids by wearing a swimming cap or using a shower cap. If your braids do get wet, gently squeeze out the excess water with a towel and allow them to air dry. Avoid rubbing or vigorously towel-drying, as it can cause frizz and damage.
Avoid Heat Styling
Bohemian braids are typically made with synthetic hair or human hair extensions, which may not withstand high heat. Avoid using heat styling tools, such as flat irons or curling irons, directly on your braids. Excessive heat can melt or damage the braids, compromising their appearance and longevity. Instead, embrace the natural texture of your braids or opt for heatless styling methods.
Schedule Regular Maintenance
To ensure your bohemian braids stay neat and well-maintained, consider scheduling regular maintenance appointments with a professional stylist. They can re-tighten loose braids, repair any damage, and provide expert care for your braided hairstyle. Regular maintenance appointments help extend the lifespan of your braids and keep them looking their best.
By following these maintenance tips, you can enjoy beautiful and long-lasting bohemian braids. Remember to listen to your hair’s needs and adjust your maintenance routine accordingly. With proper care, your bohemian braids will continue to exude style and elegance.
Bohemian braids hairstyles offer a captivating blend of effortless beauty, versatility, and bohemian charm. From boho braids to knotless braids and crochet hair, there are endless possibilities to explore and embrace your inner boho vibe. By following the styling tips, choosing the right hair, and adding personalized touches, you can create stunning bohemian braided hairstyles that make you stand out with confidence. So, unleash your boho spirit and embrace the enchanting world of bohemian braids!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Bohemian Braids Hairstyles
How can I achieve the perfect boho braids look?
To achieve the perfect boho braids look, start by selecting a braiding style that suits your preferences and face shape. Follow step-by-step instructions, practice the braiding technique, and consider using styling products and accessories to enhance the bohemian vibe. Experimentation and personalization are key to achieving your desired boho braids look.
Can I wear bohemian braids for special occasions?
Absolutely! Bohemian braids hairstyles can be versatile and appropriate for various occasions. From casual outings to special events like weddings or music festivals, you can adapt your bohemian braids to match the ambiance and dress code of the occasion.
Can I use synthetic hair for bohemian braids?
Yes, synthetic hair is a common choice for bohemian braids. Synthetic hair offers a wide range of colors, textures, and lengths to achieve the desired boho look. It is also generally more affordable and requires less maintenance compared to human hair. However, if you prefer a more natural look or the ability to heat-style your braids, you may opt for human hair extensions.
How long do bohemian braids typically last?
The longevity of bohemian braids depends on various factors, including the quality of the hair used, maintenance routine, and individual hair growth. On average, bohemian braids can last anywhere from two to eight weeks. Proper care, regular touch-ups, and avoiding excessive manipulation can help prolong the lifespan of your braids.
Can I wash my bohemian braids?
Yes, you can wash your bohemian braids; however, it’s important to do it gently to avoid causing frizz or unraveling the braids. Use a mild shampoo and focus on cleansing the scalp while avoiding excessive rubbing or tugging on the braids. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, and consider using a leave-in conditioner or oil to keep your braids hydrated.